It’s easier to recognize when someone is struggling with drugs and/or alcohol if you are familiar with the person and his or her habits.
Listed here are signs and symptoms of someone who may have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol:
- Defying authority or breaking rules
- Isolation from and losing important relationships
- Impaired memory, concentration or confusion
- Energy level
- Personal hygiene
- Eyes (bloodshot, dilated, glazed, pinpoint pupils)
- Weight changes
- Use of cover-ups (sunglasses, breath mints, incense, room freshener)
Drug and/or Alcohol Usage including prescription drugs:
- Using alcohol or other drugs excessively or inappropriately
- Being preoccupied with obtaining or using substances
- Suffering withdrawal when limiting or stopping use of alcohol or other drugs
If you think someone you know has a problem with drugs and/or alcohol based on the signs and symptoms listed above, call Gateway Rehab today to speak with a counselor about the steps you can take to save a life.